Using C++11/Boost standard synchronization implementations
Tatsuyuki Ishi
2016-12-09 09:46:39 UTC
equivalent functions in Boost instead of a custom implementation.

Some points:
1. They're precompiled system libraries, while asio is commonly used as
header-only. Using system libraries also reduce the redundant header
inclusions.
2. Less things to manage.
3. std looks better in debugger.
Gruenke,Matt
2016-12-10 00:54:16 UTC
I use an embedded platform which lacks C++11 support. If C++98/03 compatibility were dropped, I’d hope there’d be a better reason for it.

That said, if you can find a clean, safe way to make it a compile-time option, then I could go along with that.

Matt

This e-mail contains privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressees named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in respect of any information contained in it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and immediately destroy this e-mail and its attachments.
Tatsuyuki Ishi
2016-12-10 03:02:22 UTC
I use an embedded platform which lacks C++11 support. If C++98/03
compatibility were dropped, I’d hope there’d be a better reason for it.

I have mentioned that their Boost equivalent libraries can be used. They
are compatible with old implementations.